Saturday, July 9, 2011

"Wake up!" - I'm in a rush.

Focusing in on where I am. Uncomfortable benches, tall ceiling, busy people walking quickly back and forth. I look to my side and I see her. It's been over a year since we last spoke and just about three since I saw her. She appeared seemingly unchanged, that warm, understanding and accepting smile melts the cold embrace of waking up uncomfortable, thawing the deepest strains of my past experiences.

Just like old times.

Urgency in her tone, yet soothing to my ears. "Quickly! We're going to miss the plane!" I find a suitcase resting at my feet. Looks familiar enough. We start marching in a semi-panicked pace. In hindsight, I recall spotting a quasi-familiar face, an unwelcome and smug one at that. Then the penny drops - it's her current beau. Being the former gives all the satisfaction of watching your once-loved one embrace another.

Not questioning anything, I should've know. Apathetic about the destination, my heart drops to my ankles, throat arid and I realise - "I'm in my own worst nightmare."

Two days ago this was my dream, well, the one I remember. Wish I didn't and glad I do simultaneously.

No comments:

Post a Comment