Monday, December 20, 2010

Hop of Faith

Firstly, that ^ isn't a typo.


As I write this, it's been 2 days - one day overdue since the occurrence. 


Fine. I'll just go. I say to myself as I get in my car to go to a rock show. Friend of the band, or at least band member. Situated on the bar, I'm waiting, but not for someone - for anyone


BREAK IN THE STORY


Attractive people. Attract, which is what they do. To be attracted to someone is to physically find yourself around them subconsciously knowing you are trying to be nearer. 


When you realise you are attracted/want someone, whether it be romantically or not, it's very simple - right? - you just actively try to find ways to get closer. This is a common and very well-known weapon in my personal arsenal of "being cool" - be around cool people makes you cool. Easy.


The problem comes in not when you want - not even when you are wanted - rather when it's one-sided.


Most guys have experienced this many times, you want a girl - simple - she doesn't want you - clear cut - so what happens is eventually it ends.


With that out of the way - what do you do when you find the shoe on the other foot? When you find yourself being desired and you are...nonchalant. 


BACK TO THE STORY


Surely  enough, I'm approached by a good-looking girl, "Could I trouble you for a vodka-bull?" Me, feeling in a generous and outgoing mood, I go with it.


Blah, blah blahblah...


Sounds good so far, RIGHT?!


Not only do I give her a ride home and being a total gentleman - and oddly not into her - I proceed to go home, where I find myself talking to her on facebook. She proclaims: "I'm not tired at ALL - up for something?


So I go and pick her up, we go and sit down and talk and stuff and I am TRYING to figure out why I'm not into her. To this moment it's still unclear to me. I'm not going into details with this one, but take my word for it she kept trying to "upsell" herself, which in turn, made me feel like I'm out of her league.


On paper, there is no reason I shouldn't want her... then wtf?
She's adorable, hot, pretty, smart, indie, unique and out-of-her-bloody-mind. Just my type I'd think.


In short, the next day she sent me a message among others: "I was thinking of inviting you over to sleep or something. Completely innocently" - Did not go. 


On top of that, tonight we went out. I was on the brink of losing my mind. WHY wtfwtfwtf
I'm too frustrated to even finish this up yet I want to keep the integrity and genuineness of these feelings. I'm posting it.


P.S. I changed my mind, there SHOULD be a "The Game" for girls, only the hot ones
Bear - you da man: The Party Song - Blink 182

No comments:

Post a Comment